Thread: Fake ????
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default Fake ????

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...everyone has seen EVERY card grading company make mistakes. Some (AAA, PRO, etc...) make them deliberately and carry absolutely no trust. They are in the business to misrepresent and commit fraud. Bottom line.

But there are many others who are legitimate, and they occasionally make mistakes unintentionally. It's funny...when PSA and SGC make an error (and we've seen them err, believe me), it's so cool to support them and say "wow...how rare for them to screw up....but, it's really no big deal...heck! They're PSA!"

Yet, when virtually any other grader errs, it's "off with their heads, those idiots. Shame shame shame!"

PSA could have screwed up. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last time. It happens.

People put too much faith in names or establishments. I swear that you can walk up to half of the Catholics in the US and they'll deny that anyone was ever molested by a Priest because the thought of it is unconscionable. Well...not the case. Anyway, I digress. LOL...

Anwyay, just because it's PSA, doesn't mean it's unmolested...I mean, not a reprint.

I suppose it could be...but it sure begs the question...I still think the printing looks like 100% reprint-class typesetting. What is on this card does not look like authentic T206 typesetting; and I fell into that trap a while back with one of the El Principe backed Matty Dark Caps that were floating around. Once I had the card in my hand, and once I saw the printing, the rock formed in my belly and I knew it was toilet paper. The PSA holder is never a 100% brand of authenticity...