Thread: Tickets
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
With respect to tickets, I may be a bit of a contrarian in that I would prefer a stub to a full unused ticket. I have very few tickets, less than a couple of dozen in my collection, but part of the allure for me is the connection to the event. Yes I know the full ones look great slabbed (so some might say) and command more money, but to me an unused ticket is an object without any relevance…

For me, ticket stubs and scorecards provide contextual enhancement to other items in my collection. Probably the best example I can think of is I have a 1940 World Series Game 7 ticket stub, Pouge’s Department Store scorecard (sold outside the gate) and an original team mailing envelope for World Series tickets in a small display with Paul Derringer’s 1940 World Series cap. Does including these other items with the cap change or enhance the value in any appreciable manner? Maybe not, but as group they enhance the visual appeal of the main artifact (Derringer cap) and stimulate thought about the time and place.

Dave Grob
actually if you notice some of the full stubs have holes punched this was done at the turn stiles as a special accommodation of a fans request who wanted the whole ticket as a memento , also complimentary tickets were also so punched and could not be exchanged if there was a rain out
so these tickets in fact would have been presented at day of game and ticket owner would have been present at the game with full ticket in tow

Last edited by megalimey; 01-29-2017 at 08:41 AM.