View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Default T206 DRUM's....and their "A-B-C-D connection"

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Ted - I'm with you buddy. I also feel like your points regarding the "scarcity" of the type-1's and their sizing are important. I will freely admit, however, that I am unsure who the subjects in the Type 1's include, the poses, etc. I would like to see if the 68 cards are similar to some other back... for example, if the Type 1's match up with the 150 SC distribution (or any other combination of back and series, etc). I truly feel that if it is explored in more detail, we may be able to come up with very good evidence that Coupon Type 1's should be included in the T-206 set.

The fact that there are also Type 2's and 3's does not change my thinking. Type 2's and 3's are different in form. The fronts have blue type as you pointed out and the backs are different (with different framing that does not match any T-206 back design). The type-set is also different, as is the paper stock, etc. Sweet Caporal, Piedmont and AB all went on to produce T205's. Coupon went on to produce Type 2's and 3's (IMO).