View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 10:25 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhans View Post
Truly remarkable work, Pat. Curious about the Liebhardt a few posts up. The massive top border would seem to suggest that it was at the top of the sheet. Why is there no evidence of the bottom caption from the card above it?
Thank you Ed and good observation. I was actually going to post about that when I got into the three other scratches on this sheet besides the primary scratch.

I think that I'm probably confusing some people with the template I've been posting of this plate scratch sheet. There are a few other separate plate scratch sheets besides this one. When I started working on these I made templates by printing out the Piedmont backs on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and taping 4 of them together so they were 34 inches wide and some of them were over 40 inches high. After I already started this sheet I discovered some of the secondary scratches on this sheet I just drew them in above the primary scratch which was already on the bottom of the template (because of the direction of the scratch) rather than going through the trouble of making a new template. So the other scratches would have actually been somewhere on this sheet below the primary scratch instead of above it as it is on this template.

Besides the Liebhardt I have other scratches that show that the primary scratch from Shaw to O'Leary was at the top of the sheet and everything from the left of Shaw was in the second row down on the sheet.

Sheet [A-B] X Large updated - Copy (4).jpg

Shaw and O'leary scratches with big top borders without part of the caption at the top

img780.jpg
img781.jpg

These are all to the left of Shaw and the names at the top would have been from the top row on the sheet

img704.jpg
img705 - Copy (2).jpg
img782.jpg