View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I may have to play Devil's Advocate here...

Seems like it would be "aesthetically challenging" to blend brand new tassels with an old pennant. The material and color would never be right. I'm afraid the tassels would stand out like a sore thumb. Plus it would (personally) bug me having new felt incorporated on a vintage piece.

I would find a beater with the appropriate tassels, to use for the "transplant". Just my personal OCD speaking...

Also... If you ever find yourself in a position to sell, these alterations should be disclosed. Nothing at all wrong with spiffing up pennants for personal display. But the "imported" parts should definitely be disclosed when selling.
That was my thinking too. I'd prefer the tassels to be "of the period". Certainly, it's something to disclosed when selling.

Rob, I like your idea but I know that my arts and crafts skills are pretty limited. I wouldn't trust myself even with cutting a tassel. (I still have nighmares about the monstrous ashtrays I made at summer camp.)