View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default ????!!!

What does your going to church have to do with the Indians logo?? That is the weirdest and worst argument I've seen yet in this train-wreck of a thread.

Your analogy is ridiculous. No one could care less whether you go to church or not.

But if you got your church to adopt a slogan like "Atheists-goin'-to-Hell" and a logo that portrayed atheists as badly as Chief Wahoo portrays Native Americans, and then sold caps and T-shirts with that logo to every member of the church, then you would be doing something that was offensive to a particular group of people, and they would be reasonable in asking you to stop doing it. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Opinion: I’m fairly sure the Indians name and mascot were designed to be a good thing and not designed to be offensive. Just because some take offense to it doesn’t necessarily mean it should be removed. What’s the ultimate goal? Remove the charicarure, then I’m sure next will be the Indians name, correct? Where does the political correctness stop? If I was an Indians fan I’d be upset about it that’s for sure.

I’m sure some people are offended that I go to church or that the church exists. That’s fine; I’m still going...