View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM

A t206 was the first really old card I ever held when I was a kid collecting mass produced stuff in the 80's and they just grabbed me. I went near twenty years without collecting at all and when I came back a couple of years ago, I wanted to start with the t206, they are beautiful.

So, I started a collection that I imagined when i was 10 years old, but could never realistically complete, my Indiana T206 collection. It became a 24 card checklist of all the players from Indiana. As I neared completion of that goal i realized that I wanted to continue collecting. I am only 3 cards away from finishing my Indiana T206 collection, but my checklist has grown to include all "T" cards of Indiana players, the checklist is currently at 70 and I have added a couple of t207s and a t201 already...

So, I collect them because i love them, but T206 has also lead me to so many other areas. T206 is affordable, beautiful and fun and varied. Many of you have moved on from T206 and find other issues more attractive and exciting, but T206 is the gateway drug of pre-war collecting...

Cheers,

Jim