View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Leon:

Thank you for clarifying for the board. Yes, this is an advertorial...

I'll gladly take my lumps for those that wish to joke or tease about the buy prices, but they are legitimate and they are real and when you look at things, they are stronger than some of the sophomoric responses may suggest. If anyone is offended by such an offer, my apologies, but I'll stand by it.

First, the gross value that we pay is based upon the current market. If you think that you'll get top dollar and wish to drop them on eBay, then go ahead. If everything goes perfectly and you max out on the auction, you'll get 87% with the risk of a return or a charge-back for another month or two after the sale.

You can consign to one of the big eBay sellers and hope to get the "going" rate and if everything goes perfectly, in a month or so, you'll get 80-84%.

Or you can contact us, send a spreadsheet and have 70% of the current value within a day or two. No risks, no shilling, no excuses, no returns...

I never said that we're paying as much as you can get selling it on your own, but if you want the money now, we're paying REAL dollars and we're paying QUICKLY and we're not low balling or baiting and switching.

--------------------

Now, what really strikes me odd is that is that we securexd a NEW, FRESH TO THE HOBBY T206 Plank and the predominance of the responses aren't about one of the rarer cards in the hobby, but about the buy prices and the one response about the Plank is an offer of 70% of what we paid for it.

I wouldn't want to be so sour that I'd focus on being negative part of the message and miss out on being able to discuss something so scarce and that we almost all have a similar passion for. Maybe no one cares about T206 Planks anymore.

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com