View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default expired postage

Here is the deal with "expired postage". It really isn't expired. The clerks just need to date stamp it with the correct date. The reason we want the item mailed on the date that is on the postage is this- Let's say that I put postage on the item today, the 10th. I don't get to the Post Office until the 13th. The item gets mailed, and delivered on the 15th. The person receiving the package then says - "That damn Post Office took 5 days to get a package from X to X. We have a LOT of people that print the postage for their tax returns on the April 15th and then try to mail it after the tax deadline.

If you are going to print your postage on the 10th and mail it on the 11th, then put the 11th on your postage meter and date it for the day that plan on mailing it.

The clerk was wrong for rejecting your items. Your postage was good and it just needed to be stamped with the correct date.

Yes, we do have a lot of ***holes in the Post Office, but no more than any other business. With 500,000 employees we are bound to have our share of idiots. (Myself included)

Happy mailing! Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.