View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Cente for over 15 years.

I love baseball. If it's Miami at Milwaukee - and I'm in town - I'm there! Slugfests, pitchers duels, extra innings, Spring Training....love it! I love the sights and sounds, the smells, the cadence of the game and the history.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graigs that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee, Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

I have a short list and would love to hear the board's feedback. If you know of any other angles of these images pls share. Likewise if you think Dave Stieb's no-hitter should be considered - I'm all ears. If you hate the idea, that's OK too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Joe Carter ends the 1993 WS with one swing. I was there!

Devo's Catch in Game 3 of 1992 WS (it was a triple play and I don't care what the umps said!). To note: I own the jersey Devon was wearing

Bell clinched the first AL East Pennant in '85 (missed this game but wa at Game 7 of the ALCS - damn you Jim Sundberg)

Bautista's Flip - 2015 ALDS. I know, a lot of people think he disrespected everyone including the Pope, but I and many of my fellow Jays fans see it clearly as a cathartic wiping away of 22 years of playoff drought. Also, I collect Jose specifically and have a jersey, bat, and 75% of his career HR game tix)

Let me hear ya!
I really like that top picture of Joe Carter. It would be an amazing paining.

With owning the jersey Devo was wearing in the picture of his catch it would also be nice. It would be a great combo displayed next to each other.