View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Rick

Default Another New Member

...watching the World Junior Hockey Tournament as I write

My name is Rick, I live in northern Illinois. I can't say I'm a huge collector, I still have my old baseball cards from my childhood days back in the 60's & early 70's before it became a business. I do have seats from Wrigley (2) and Comiskey, I'm a Cubs fan and cherish my time at the ballpark. I finished off the basement to house my stuff; a couple of signed replica vintage jerseys, lithographs, old framed scorecards and B/W photos, some signed and some not, some of which hang on a Wrigley like brick wall. I'm also interested in Formula 1 racing and vintage Indy racing. I've spent many days at tracks taking photos and watching racing. What I cherish the most are my memories of the ballparks (Wrigley & Comiskey) going with my dad and grandpa, Chicago Stadium, playing ball all day long in my neighborhood growing up and trading cards on the front steps.

One thing I'm especially interested in is baseball in New York back in the 40's and 50's, Ebbetts Field and the Polo Grounds. I wish I could have experienced what it was like back then. What brought me to this site was my search for information on Ebbetts Field seats.

Thanks, Rick