View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I've had jerks on eBay give me some pitch with a low ball offer basically telling me they are doing me a favor and I would thank them. Crap like that. I always assume it it some twenty year old (no offense to any 20 year olds on the board, I wish I was one) who has no real life experience under their his and maybe read the Art of the Deal once in Cliffs Notes. Has happened a few times with modern era stuff.
I hate my generation, and I personally apologize for them.

To the OP: I would absolutely mention your family connection. I have a dotted line connection to Grover Hartley, who was the manager of the minor league team my grandpa and uncle played on. He has a couple cards, including a Boston Store card. I've only ever found 1, and it was fairly expensive. The seller was very open to negotiating. Unfortunately, we couldn't get down to a price I was comfortable at, at the time. I kindly thanked him for his time, and told him I would keep this in mind going forward for when the funds are more abundant. Very positive interaction, and if the initial contact is done politely and respectfully, I don't see any problem in inquiring about price flexibility.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame