View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite National?

Posted By: Greg B.

I went to the 1990 National in Arlington, saw a Ranger game where Pete Incaviglia hit 2 homers, and Nolan Ryan win #297 or 298 not sure, then went to Aneheim in 1991 where I saw Pete incaviglia hit a homer against the Angels. I was living in Philly at the time and went to a game in 1993 when Pete took somebody deep again! Three cities the only three games I saw Pete play in live...4 dings. I believe he struck out in all of those games as well. Atlanta 1992 was the best for me, I got wasted at a bar (even though I was only 18) with Franco Harris and some other ex-NFL guy but I didn't know who he was. He looked like a fat MC Hammer to me. Franco bought me a Jack&Coke and laughed when I complained that he would often tiptoe out of bounds instead of taking a hard hit from someone even though he could have picked up a couple more yards. The last thing I remember is sitting with him at a table critiqueing (sp?) the women in the place, Hilarious! I don't know if he was there for the show, but he just strolled into this place and I had had a few and I just went up to him. Cool!
Greg B.