Thread: T206 Sheets
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Sheets

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

PC you said......
"So, even if you take the 6 super prints from the next series (which is a big assumption), the most you can come up with
for any individual 350 Only print run is 214."

The 6 "super prints" being initially in the 350 series is not a "big assumption". If you have a problem believing me, then you
also have a problem with Scot Reader's analysis. It was Scot who 1st discovered this fact. You do realize that these 6 sub-
jects exist with AB 350 backs with FRAME ?
This is only possible on T206's that were printed April-May 1910 when the first AB backs (with FRAME) were produced.

The 55 (actually 56) subjects, all originally in the 350 series, were repeated subjects in the 460 series. I'm sure you under-
stand this ? This group of subjects exist with AB 350 (NO FRAME) backs. Furthermore, some (not all 56) exist with AB 460
(NO FRAME) backs.

Incidently, the 56th subject is Nichols (bat), who exists with an AB 350 (NO FRAME) back. But, no AB 460 (NO FRAME) back.

One final note....I agree with you that both Demmitt's and O'Hara's were not on the same sheet. Demmitt (NY) & O'Hara (NY)
are not found with POLAR BEAR backs. I can only conclude that there were 2 double prints to bring the total 350-only arrange-
ment to 216 cards.

TED Z