View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
Purchased an item on eBay in an auction format. I immediately paid through PayPal and received the typical Order email and the typical receipt for payment email. 2 minutes later the Seller canceled the transaction and I got THAT email. Obviously the seller did not get the price he wanted. There was no note that said "item lost" "item broken" or anything else. They simply said the order was canceled. The seller didn't get a strike and was permitted to do this. I was amazed. I received my $80 back right away but I was not a happy camper. Apparently this is not the first time this seller has done this to a winning bidder/buyer.
In the old days this absolutely could not happen but apparently sellers are now allowed to wait until an auction is over and cancel the results if they don't get what they want for a selling price.? B.S. Buyers are not allowed to pull out of an auction hours before an auction ending why can sellers do that? The seller could have put a reserve on the auction.
eBay is going to the dogs.
This has been going on for years and eBay does not care. I/we(2 fellow members) lost a collecting friend because he started do this. He would list a bunch of auctions and then cancel all the listings that did not sell at high prices.

At least the jerk that sold you the T210 sent it.

Last edited by bnorth; 09-26-2018 at 12:40 PM.