View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Bill Boyd

Frank,
We have thought about the lower pricing of these entries, and would love to reduce the price, to make it easier, for someone to afford a $5 or $10 entry. But besides the much longer list and more payment collections we would have to endure, I certainly would not mind the extra work.
But the lower cost of each entry, devalues each entry(naturally), and each participant would only get the one entry number, compared to the three or four they will get now.
And remember, we base our winning number from an attendance figure, using the last three numbers. If we go down to $10 per entry, we would need 500 entries to reach Graig's consignment fees. One number past 500, and each entry would only get one number. If we go down to a $5 entry, we would need to sell all 1000 entries, and there would be no room for the possibility of obtaining enough money to offer an even larger painting, if money so dictates.
Even at $10 per, once we reach that 5K mark, (500 entries), then all entries go down to only one entry number per purchase.
The $20 gives us the room for that step increase, and gives purchaser better odds.
I hope this explains our decision to keep the cost at $20.