View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Dave

Early days of Ebay I picked up about a dozen "Fan Craze" cards including several HOF'ers for under 20 bucks. The description simply stated "Baseball playing cards" listed with a few last names and placed in the Playing cards category of Ebay.

Worst experiences are probably the overzealous tape jobs done on items inside the packaging, making it impossible to free the said item without damaging it.

I always want to e-mail them and tell them tape is for the "OUTSIDE" of the box, not the inside. The inside is for packing materials and reinforcement.

It's frustrating because you know they think they are doing you a favor by being extra careful with the packaging.

On the other hand, getting photos shipped to you without any cardboard re-enforcement and folded into the mailbox.

I've also had a couple statue display pieces show up broken because they were just thrown boxes without any packing added to protect them.

The worst shipping offenders are actually from the few returns I've taken, usually from people who bought something they simply had a change of heart on. I usually just tell them to send it back without any argument.......it's simpler that way.

Without fail they always ship it back the cheapest way possible.........and nowhere near they way you shipped it out to them to begin with. A little while back I had a guy return a book because he thought it was a hardcover.........even though the description stated softcover and had a nice big photo of the item........not to mention the book doesn't even exist in a hardcover. I sent it out to him in a nice sturdy box, media mail shipping, lots of packing.

Of course he sends it back by stuffing it into a manila envelope with no packing or re-enforcement. The book is totally destroyed and worthless by the time it gets back to me.