View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Default Post your best (or worst) Ebay "Surprise"

With the Catalogue Auctions, we are normally 99% sure of what we're bidding on. The photos are accurate and revealing, and the descriptions are written by professionals within the hobby. Granted... there's a couple of who are kinda deceptive, but that's a topic we've already beaten to death.

Ebay, on the other hand, is loaded with sellers who don't know what they have, and often don't know how to describe the goods. In some cases, the sellers are downright deceiving. The Mickey Mantle Ball with an undisclosed broken nail inside prompted me to start a new thread about Ebay "surprises".

I know we have all had them.... some good, but probabaly more that weren't so great. I'll start out with one of mine...

A vintage Mr Met Bobblehead with the Head perched on the neck (via Silly Putty), and no spring. The seller claimed he didn't know that a spring was ever part of it, and that's why he didn't disclose that it was missing. He simply packed it in a shoe Box with no padding, newspaper, bubble wrap, peanuts or any other type of protection. Just a bobblehead in a box. I did get my money back, but this one was so clueless, I just had to laugh.

Post yours, if you have a good one...