View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goudey77 View Post
Obviously anyone could sell any card at any time. My point is that PWCC consistently brings nice cards to the hobby. It’s quite frequent actually. Just like REA brings vintage memorabilia of epic proportions. This helps collectors like me. Just my opinion. Wanted to say something positive on these boards for a change. Happy Saturday all 🌞
I like the positivity, Martin. I would make the point that it's the Consignors who choose to bring these cards to market, however, through PWCC. These are cards that are already "in the hobby", with PWCC just acting as a conduit for the sale.
Although I do kind of like the idea of PWCC staff roving around the country, raiding estate sales and Ohio attics looking for the next big find...

Personally, I agree that the quality of cards offered via PWCC is high. Over the last year, though, the avidity with which folks seem to be bidding on every single PWCC item is noticeable. It's been enough to discourage me from buying as much with PWCC. I'm spending far less with them now than I ever would have imagined prior. I also thought the 'HE' designation was gimmicky enough when it came out, and so now with the 3 new designations it's gone from gimmicky to mildly annoying to me. Just my two-and-a-half cents

full name: J@$on B!$p!ng
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)