View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
bubblebathgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Federal Indictments and subpoenas are a deterrent too. Paul, you really epitomize something I repeat quite often. If everyone else is wrong, you might want to look in the mirror.

No one has ever said AH bidding is perfect. No one. Yet you go on and on about thinking people say that. They don't. You are just obstinate and quite wrong and will never ever get it. I bet if you made an F in school you would tell the teacher the test was wrong. (even though everyone else made good grades on it). There is no doubt there are problems with AH bidding but to argue it's worse than ebay is just ignorant, at best, and stupid at worst. Pick one.
Leon, what you seem to say is that AH bidding, which is completely invisible, is better than ebay bidding, which allows people to actually have clues into who does what.

You clearly have a bias here as you run your own auction house that functions in such a "hiding" way. Granted, you are still entitled to your opinion, but the only reason why any auction house would allow blind bidding is because it affords them the opportunity to make more money.

What I say threatens your livelihood, as it does many of those who read these and don't respond, but function auction houses that rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars ... if not more. Because it is a thin sheet of ice that many of you operate upon. Again, this concerns mainly the highly profile/value items.

I understand why you wouldn't even consider what I am saying ... as it is far from in your interest to do so ... and many who have already bought into the AH system (spending already thousands above what the items they purchase are actually worth or would be sold at elsewhere) are set in their ways and won't even consider otherwise.

Like I've said before, what I say is for others who are open-minded, or are new to sportscards, to consider when they bidding in a system that is setup to simply leave them extremely vulnerable to mischievous behavior.

IMO, AHs weaken this industry with their unverifiable hammer prices and questionable bidding practices.

Last edited by bubblebathgirl; 02-03-2013 at 10:14 PM.