View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebathgirl View Post

Bottom-line is that with AHs you put yourself in a much more vulnerable position, and we've all seen how premium cards go for crazy amounts at an AH only to take a nosedive on ebay.

Is this always the case? Of course not, but you'll almost never see a premium card go for less in an AH than on ebay.
I understand the point you are making, but I think at least some of that phenomenon is because eBay is lot more dicey than dealing with an auction house. I am certainly not a big fish, but if I was buying a real premium card, I would feel much more secure buying from an auction house than off of eBay. The chance of receiving an empty box or a reprint that was depicted as a real card in the listing is pretty much zero with an auction house.

The auction houses are not perfect by any means, but they also weed out the blatant scammers and rip off artists that are so common on eBay. How much of what you cited is people paying for peace of mind and not having to deal with the riff raff of sellers on eBay?

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-01-2013 at 12:47 AM.