View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default The hunt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
One thing I have finally learned, which took me nearly 35 years is I enjoy the hunt and build of the set. I lose interest when I near completion and usually end up selling it because I'm bored with it. So I decided to collect all Front/Back T206 combo's. There's no chance of getting near completion or getting bored with it. I've never built a set twice if I sold the first one because I remember that I didn't enjoy the first one when it was complete. I do have complete sets of cards and don't even look at them. I spend much more time looking at cards from a set I'm working on. I have 4 complete 1973 Topps sets and one sits in a binder and the other 3 are in 660 count boxes and I don't look at them. Maybe I'll build a set number 5 just because I enjoy the hunt for single cards at card shows. It reminds me of the 1980's and having fun checking cards off of a need list.
As often is said, the hunt is a lot of the fun for a lot of collectors. I think the hunt is probably why I stay with type cards. It is somewhat limitless. And then there is the collecting of cards we just like, which is a category I think a lot of us fall into also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinkcollins.jpg (44.5 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by Leon; 10-12-2019 at 06:13 PM.