View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Peter Spaeth

Who will ultimately pay for it is an open question. Will collectors just fork over more, or will they pay less calculating it as part of the final price like a buyer's premium? I certainly know dealers who worry it will suppress prices.

I just got an email from a merchant essentially saying they will make the customer whole for the tax. Of course, they may surreptitiously raise prices to offset their loss.

Dear Customer,

Everybody likes to save money! I am excited to share B&H’s new way to save you money.

Last year, the Supreme Court ruled that out-of-state retailers must collect sales tax on online sales. As a result, on October 4th, B&H will start collecting tax on shipments to Massachusetts, as required by state law. We have been working hard to develop a solution to eliminate the impact of this ruling on our customers.

Our solution is named Payboo! When you use the new B&H Payboo Credit Card*, you can save the equivalent of the tax — you pay the tax, and we pay you back instantly! Make any purchase at B&H with Payboo, and you will receive an instant reward equal to the sales tax you paid. And at B&H, instant means instant — no expiring points, credits, or coupons to worry about. It’s that simple. (B&H collects and remits state sales tax in accordance with state laws, so all required tax is collected and paid, and B&H issues the instant savings credit to you.)

Payboo is an exciting store credit card with, we believe, the most valuable benefit in the industry — the instant credit equal to the sales tax. As long as you pay your bill on time, you will not incur any interest or other costs. I invite you to apply today at www.BandH.com/payboo.

I know you have many choices where to buy creative tech gear, and I truly appreciate your business. With Payboo, I believe B&H will become an even clearer choice for all your technology needs.

I look forward to a continued great business relationship. Please remember, at B&H the customer always comes first. That’s why we’ve created Payboo to eliminate the impact of sales tax for you.

Please visit us today and start saving!

Thank you,

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-02-2019 at 09:19 AM.