View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirraffles View Post
Among the grumblings I read there is one thing that did set me back, the complaint that Helmar items are listed on eBay in the Pre WWII category. It didn't occur to me that this was a problem for some collectors. I had, in fact, checked with eBay prior to listing the items there. They said that it wasn't a problem and in fact one can find hundreds, if not thousands, of modern cards of old players listed there. My thought is that collectors looking for players from that era would more likely look there than anywhere else. And, of course, virtually all the cards we make are of early players.

I don't check this board very often, you can reach me through my email...or at eBay! Best, Charles
Yes, in the Pre WWII category without a date on the cards. Why no dates? Certainly it makes more sense for you to put these in Pre WWII, since they look very old and feature players who played back then, but there needs to be some indication on the card that they are not actually from that period.

And, just because ebay allows something, doesn't mean it's not deceptive - in fact, ebay is all for anything that will get higher prices for an item, deception often working in their favor.