View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Shane

Default Help with 1946 St Louis Cardinals Signed Scorecards

I acquired these a few years ago. These 2 partial scorecards from 1946 have 11 signatures on them. I have identified 9 of them. All 9 are Cardinals. I was under the assumption that the other 2 were Cardinals, but I have researched rosters from that time period and I can't come up with any leads. They could be coaches, executives, or they could be players from other teams.

Here is what I have identified and what I need help with. Pictures are below I will go in order (top to bottom and left to right).

1st scorecard

Harry Caray d. 1998 (HOF radio broadcaster)
Dick Sisler d. 1998
Gabby Street d. 1951 (former Cardinals player, manager, & radio broadcaster with Harry Caray)
Johnny Beazley d. 1990
Marty Marion d. 2011
????? Johnson????? (help!) (Edited to say - I discovered it is Roy Johnson, coach on the Chicago Cubs; d. 1986)
Max Lanier d. 2007

2nd scorecard

??????? (help!) (Edited to say - Someone at CU helped with this one - It is Tommy Holmes of the Boston Braves; d. 2008)
Eddie Dyer d. 1964 (manager)
Joe Garagiola
Stan Musial d. 2013

As you can see, I need help with one on each card - one that looks like a last name of "Johnson", and another maybe looks like a "Larry" or a "Tommy" or a "Tony" possibly. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by frankhardy; 11-17-2014 at 07:06 PM.