View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Al

Default pin

Steve,
I have collected pins for the last 40+ years and have never seen that style of pin before (Louisville slugger) Can you give a little more background as to where you got it from and how long you have owned it... As for the pin the decal bats I believe were around from the teens and 20s Bat Guys I need a little more help with that. Daubert died in 1924... also the back looks vintage I.E. the dimple in the center. If that dimple wasnt there and was flat it might lead me to believe it was much later. How big is this pin? both ways up and down and side to side. Ovals were a little more common in the 20s 30s then now say 50s -80s. Can I say it is vintage my answer is I just dont know without having it in my hand but I would say its not recent as in 70s on up. Nice pick up and if its real it would be the first one I ever saw..... Also here is a 1929 cubs pin of that oval style but the pin back is a spring pin not the bayonet type like you have...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 01-09-2018 at 07:26 AM.