View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:47 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Wow, a year is incredible. I actually do send items to Beckett since they encapsulate some things that PSA and SGC do not such as larger premiums (e.g., notepads). I don't know if I want to wait a year for them to come back. Hopefully the backlog will go down soon. And I was thinking that the TPG's would eventually run out of things to grade since everything worth grading (and that made sense to grade, eg. not a $1 card) had pretty much already been graded already.
I’ve often had the same thought. But the beauty of BecKett’s model is that they “specialize” in new cards, thus guaranteeing a steady flow in the future. They are totally screwing that up right now. I think that Beckett has the market on new cards for 2 reasons:
1.new cards are all in incredible shape, so guys get suckered in with that black label 10 crap.
2. Since new cards are in such great shape, their use of subgrades helps distinguish a grade by it’s sub grades. Ex: We both have a 9.5, but mine is better because it has two 10 subs. It’s absurd, but true.

Last edited by orly57; 08-29-2018 at 10:47 AM.