View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 06:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingman59 View Post
I was there Saturday and it was the 1984 Fleer Update case that went for $15K. Some big money was there buying what they could and yes, some of the cheaper cases went for a little higher-than-normal prices. Some deals could be had, but generally there was a lot of money in the room pushing up prices.

I thought the auction house ran a good, tight ship. The auction began at noon and ended at 9 pm. It took so long because of the aforementioned practice of auctioning and re-auctioning the individual items of a lot, such as autographed baseballs and the tons of unopened cases/partial cases. It would have gone much quicker to sell a lot 16 autographed baseballs for one money, but that wouldn't have maximized the income for both the consignor and auction house, of course.

I couldn't make it for today, Sunday. I suspect there was a similar pace to the auction today. I can't wait for Saturday September 16th! (I think.)
Thanks for the follow up info.....Seems like sometimes small auctions get more money than big ones, but not usually .