Thread: Oh, KSA.......
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Being up here in Canada, I was hoping to save some money due to shipping, the exchange rate, duty, fees, etc and send my cards to KSA for grading, but thanks to a member on here who told/warned me about them, I'm glad I didn't!

He did tell me they were better at grading hockey than baseball, and maybe that's true, but they shouldn't be in the business at all if they themselves can't distinguish between real and fake cards.

Here's the thing! Once in a while KSA does/did get it right. I had some high-quality C55 hockey tobacco cards graded by them about 16 years ago. The grades were very accurate by anyone's standard. Over time though, KSA's reputation has (deservedly) gone south. So, even if you have KSA-graded cards that were done properly, they would still arouse suspicion and apprehension on the part of any potential buyers. I was fortunate to not take that big a hit on my cards when I finally sold them.