View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 05:02 PM

As a seller setting up a booth at the National, my comments are as follow:

-- if it is rare and you want to buy it at this show, consider either paying the price or open negotiations. I have seen it over and over again. Someone comes back in 15 to 20 minutes, and it's gone.

-- if it is not rare, shop around. Even if you don't buy it, you are likely to find another one. It may be at a higher price, but it can be found again.

If I find something at another booth, I always negotiate, especially if I want it and I know I'll never see another one in my lifetime.

Wear comfortable shoes. I bought ones that have that memory foam. They make your feet feel better all day.

Also, carry a small notebook to jot down booth numbers, what you saw there, and the price. That way, you can keep track of what you really want to buy.

Stop by and say hello. In most cases, I will give you a substantial savings on most items I have for sale. Where I will be more stubborn is with items I just picked up specifically for this National. I need to break even on those items before I start discounting them.

I am at booth 1110P six booths in the door.

Just enjoy yourself and have fun.

Steve Sabow