View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I would factor in a 2 grade loss...the more high value the card, the more i woudld factor it in as theres more of a chance it was already attempted to be crossed..

I always find it interesting how the Buyer always seem to think blindly that the seller never thought the same thing as the buyer 'send to psa and get a the same or type of grade that makes the card worth more' of course the seller has already considered that....they may of purchased it themselves in the past with that in mind......

there may be risk of having the card labeled as 'trimmed' as well on the higher condiition and/or more valuable ones.

for cheap cards i can see why it wasnt worth it for the seller to get crossed ..
Exactly. That's my first qualm whenever buying a card of this sorts. I figure, if it could've crossed, it would've, and I figure the buyer is in so deep on the card, the only way they can hope to recoup what they've spent is to keep it in the holder, and hope some unscrupulous buyer wont' know the difference, and pay good money.

Of course I'm not that person. But it does have great eye appeal, and as the saying goes, buy the card, not the plastic.