View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_G. View Post
Saco River Auction certainly had some great pieces. I made the long voyage from Iowa to Maine, just got back late last night and had to work today or I would have posted sooner. The trip was well worth it.

The T206s did look nice but I really didn't pay much attention to them; the real treasures resided with the Goodwin & Co. glass plate negatives. I'll post on them separately but wanted to extend a deep and sincere thank you to the Saco River Auction staff. Thank you Troy, thank you Dave, and thank you Jacob for providing me with first class access to the negatives over my two day stay. Each of the 46 negatives was handled by staff as I studied them in a number of areas including measuring each and every one for thickness (min, max, mean etc.). Not that this was the most important inspection, but gives you an idea of how accommodating they were to each and every request despite knowing I wasn't the deep pocketed buyer all auction houses yearn for.

I won several negatives, felt honored to study such an amazing collection, and look forward to sharing details with the board as time permits.

Thank you Troy, Dave, Jacob, and staff!
Glad to hear that they treated you sod well. It must have been cool to inspect such a rare item.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.