View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Mike H.

I enjoy history in general but love history when I relates to something I appreciate (my Country, Historically significant people, etc. collecting Baseball memorabilia provides a tremendous connection to the history of my favorite sport and the Rich memories of my youth.

It is has been a wonderful source of friends who are greatest treasure of this hobby for me.

I love historical art but do not have the resources to acquire "fine art". I view much of my collection as art and focus greatly on the beauty, execution of form, design, color scheme, and aesthetic of each piece of art in my collection.

I must admit I enjoy the thrill of the hunt for an elusive piece and tremendous gratification of the "FIND".

I enjoy putting together displays, and creating an interesting environment. As the chief curator and chairman of the board for the Mikey Museum of Baseball History, I can pursue that passion with gusto.

I confess I enjoy striking a deal and finding a bargain. In a very real way, I am creating a memorabilia investment portfolio. I'm not counting on this return to sustain us in retirement, but I believe I will be able to get my money back, plus a gain. This process is gratifying and does eliminate the guilt that might accompany a less fiscally responsible hobby like gambling

Above all it's just plain fun����⚾️

Last edited by mjkm90; 08-28-2017 at 07:08 PM.