View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Have a website, but in name only

Purchased the name “howemccormickcollection.com” about five years ago but have never gotten the site up and running. As it would be practically nothing but images I’m going to have to invest in a hosting service to make it worthwhile.

It all got started when I made my first attempt at a monster collection. Went in with the idea of getting everything except the big three and it might take ten years. Little goals were set like Demmitt and O’Hare St.Louis then one of each back (thinking just the original ones, not each series). Was down to just needing a Hindu back and it was tough to find in 1993 or so. Finally found one very affirdable in SCD and when it arrived it had a stamp on the back. Wasn’t very happy but the seller responded for the price I paid I got what I got.

Move forward about 13 years. The collection has stalled at about 200. For the most part cards were out of my price range but I still looked of eBay every night for what I could afford. One night, there was another card with the exact same stamp. Decided to purchase, and then posted here about finding two cards 13 years apart with the same stamp. Other members posted they had one would I want to purchase or trade? One thing lead to another, I sold my original collection off and used the funds to purchase only T206s with Howe’s stamp on them.

The members of this site have been incredible with their support in letting me know when they see one, selling to me if they find one in their collection, purchasing and holding for me during my year of unemployment and in several instances just sending and saying they wanted to be a part of the rebuild. The collection certainly wouldn’t be where it is today without the help of so many on the board. Thanks to you all again.

I’ve even been lucky enough to talk to Howe’s second cousin, his closest living relative, who was able to send me some old old family photos of Howe and his sisters before he started to collect.

What a long, strange trip it’s been. Most of it could be found in old posts here on Net54 if you do a search of “Howe McCormick”, but you’ll want to include the quotes or otherwise other Howes and McCormicks show up.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 10-17-2018 at 02:25 PM.