View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Dave Grob

Default Crosley Field Seats-Understanding the Debate

Scott,

Part of the reason I have posted this information here is to subject it to public scrutiny for evaluation and consideration. I have already been informed that this seat end is probably best described as “Heywood-Wakefield figural” and this is helpful information.

From a research/logic standpoint, it is a fact that the seats in these pictures feature a design not previously associated or commonly accepted as being installed in Redland/Crosley Field. The question to be asked and answered to dispute my findings is “these photographs are not from Crosley Field and could not have been taken in Crosley Field because…..”

This would support the counter position because then it could be objectively offered that “these are not Crosley Field seats because the photographs are not from Crosley Field.” This goes back to what I provided about the value of using multiple images, from multiple sources, over various points in time. In this way you are not relying on a single data point which also creates the possibility for a single point of failure in the research or argument.

This the seminal issue, and it has nothing to do with how long someone has been in the business or that no one has ever seen on of these and attributed it to Redland Field/Crosley Field. On the contrary, they may have been seen, but simply identified as being a Comiskey Park seat instead based on the information being proffered at the time.

Dave Grob
DaveGrob1@aol.com