View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Exactly my point, Peter.

Leon, I was not saying it was illegal but coupled with the redemption cards and the phony signed material does not put Goldin in the best of light, correct?

His history in the hobby is not that of someone who can be trusted based on the information that is out there. And I disagree with you that what he and Don did on HSN is akin to that of what some eBay sellers do. Feel free to give me some examples, even privately, so maybe I can see your point. What was done on HSN was really nothing short of taking advantage of people who were less informed about hobby issues than those who are shopping on eBay. I don't think praying on someone's lack of knowledge is a level playing field. I know you would not stoop to operating in that fashion.
Hi Greg
The redemption cards were after he left, according to what he told me. No, the totality of these circumstances is not a great light to be in, agreed.

Until I see something where fraud was committed I am not as concerned as a few on this board including yourself. As far as disagreeing with me, no problem there. If someone has a card on ebay for $1000 and they bought it the day before for $20, to me, it's similar. Maybe not exactly the same but similar. This capitalist world we live in is always caveat emptor. And lastly, no, I don't see me being that guy on HSN screaming at the top of his lungs. Heck, I am still hoarse from the Dinner at the National. I couldn't handle all of that screaming.