View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
There is also a question of redemption cards being offered when Scoreboard was on the verge of bankruptcy and knew the cards would never be redeemed, but perhaps that too post-dated Ken's involvement, I don't know.
Ken and I were just now on the phone and he is stuck in traffic and traveling today. He said he WILL respond concerning the redemption's but reiterated the issue was after he was gone. Also, I cut and pasted what he wrote in a thread on the memorabilia side below. It addresses some of the COA issues......As I said, he said he will try to respond to questions later this evening but is out of pocket till then..

My favorite players was NEVER a partner of the Score Board inc.
My favorite players NEVER supplied autographs to the Score Board inc.
My Favorite players was a vendor of framing services for SB from approximately 1989-90 until SB purchased their own company California Gold and moved it on site to have better control of the product and better pricing.
Score Board inc sued My Favorite Players in the past for selling forged autographs of players The Score Board inc had under contract, and the owners of My Favorite Players signed a consent decree that they NEVER would sell autographs again of many athletes the score board had under contract, including Mickey Mantle, Ted WIlliams, Joe Dimaggio, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Wayne Gretzky,etc.
It has been brought to my attention in the past that the former owners of MFP claimed they 'won a lawsuit against SB and were given millions of $$ in inventory' Not only is this completely false, but since SB was a publicly held company if there was a shred of truth to it , it would have been part of financial statements (public record) and was not.
I will also say that in the past there have been numerous attempts by individuals and companies to counterfeit SB certs. unfortunately,many were successful in making good copies as the product was distributed prior to the advent of holograms, dna marking, etc.
I would say buyer beware, and out of respect to this community, I offer my services to answer any questions you have about merchandise in PM, and will also look at items for you in PM as long as i do not get overwhelmed.