View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladge34 View Post
Chris, and anyone who might know... from a legal stand point there has to be a way to finally go after these guys, even eBay... may be a dumb thought but can you trademark or copyright someone's own signature? eBay makes money off all the forgeries and aren't Interested in authencity. Maybe a class action suit? They obviously get emails and tips about fake stuff, yet nothing is about it.
In the past they actually seemed to care.
But my guess is that someone high up in corporate decided that trying to keep forgeries off ebay was costing them money. So they disbanded the authentication team (which consisted solely of volunteers) and let John Gonzalez go (he was vigorous in his actions to try to remove thieves from ebay). That ended the pretense of caring and now ebay is probably worse than it ever has been in allowing bogus autographs on the site.
And a class action suit, not a new idea, would probably not get anywhere. Ebay just claims they are not responsible for what goes on the site.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow