View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Accepting PayPal for Payment. - Which Type of Account...?

Posted By: leon

First of all welcome to our board. We have known each other almost since I got into the hobby (a short 12-13 yrs ago) and I have always respected your card knowledge and our friendship.

I have had a paypal account for many years. I think mine started as a personal one and then, for whatever reason...I guess #'s of transactions, I was changed to Premier status. I would guess there will be a definitive answer for you based on cost of doing business at the level you will be.

That being said ALWAYS remember that you can take a paypal e-check and pay a flat $5 for taking any paypal transaction (I believe). Not everyone realizes that fact. It saves me a ton every year....You have to wait 2-4 days for the money to get into your account but it's quick otherwise, and has a paypal backing. Personally, I think paypal makes some mistakes on the way they do business...but hey, you have read what I have about it. One good thing about it is it's easy. Once again take care, welcome to the board, and good luck. best regards