View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Default My trip to see the Burdick Collection

Posted By: peter ullman

I just got back from NYC where I spent the weekend with my family for mothers day. I took in a yankees game and made my 2nd visit to the met to see how they were currently demoralizing the burdick collection. It isn't easy to find tucked away in a dark corridor in the american history section near endless glass cases filled with examples of american furniture and on the other side bordering the european impressionistic paintings...quite impressive I might add. This museum is sick...if you've never been...just packed to the hilt with endless examples of every treasure you could imagine. what better place for the burdick collection...right? Attached are as many photos I could get on photobucket before my computer pooped out. An average array of cards...in my opinion. Kids were gauking at the 59 bazookas speculating as to how many existed and one guy even knew the 51 bowman mantle to be his rookie. Compared to the gems posted on this site regularly...this display was pretty lame...imagine if someone knowledgable was the curator?

By the way the first time I visited...the t206 wagner was on display. Enjoy!

List of cards represented was: 59 bazookas, 51 bowmans, 53 topps, t202's, colgans chips, fatima team cards, 41 goudeys, obaks w/weaver, 49 bowman sheet, old mill series 7 & 8 but no jackson, tattoo orbits, batter ups, playballs, 1915 cj's and 1960 topps.

pete in mn