View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 06:05 PM
Todd Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieP View Post
I, Totally misunderstood the OPs question. For the past year, in order to decrease fraud in its platform , eBay has been sending cards to get authenticated. Graded cards go to PSA to have the slabs authenticated. (There have been reports of cards in “fake” slabs. This week there was a ‘86 Jordan card in a fake PSA slab being auctioned off ). Authenticating the slabs is a way to discourage this practice.
Raw cards and cards in CSG slabs go to CSG for authentication. I like this because it provides a “second pair of eyes” on whether the card is legit or not.

Authentication is also a check on sellers who do not mail the cards to the buyer. The seller is on the “hook” when the card is mailed to the authenticator. Ebay takes custody of the card once it gets to the Authenticator. Authentication also acts as a check on unscrupulous buyers. Ebay is responsible for the card’s journey from the Authenticator to the buyer. If the buyer claims he never received the card, then buyer has to settle the dispute directly with Ebay
Thanks for the clarification. I makes sense.

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22