View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Go Cubs Go........show me your 1908 cubs cards

Posted By: Jason L

I went over and read your other post. Very interesting to read your progression regarding storage and display. I have gone through similar journey, but I am currently stuck in the "I've got to get everything in slabs!" panic...some of which comes from my relative inexperience with expensive vintage cards and a fear of getting duped. The other is an infantile fascination with "how much is this card worth?" thinking.

I would also agree with you regarding your comments on sorting the Monster. I suppose they are simply done alphabetically most of the time because it is the most vanilla listing and can help out folks (newbies?) who don't know all the teams and players...but I have to say that since reading posts from you and Ted and the like, some of the other ways to sort and collect T206 are far more interesting than a simple alpha sort. As you mention, different sorting methods help you learn the cards and history (the series, teams, backs, etc all contribute to learning the deadball era)

For now, I am going to go through with my original goal, which is to get all the Cubs (T200, T201, T205, T206, and T207), in SGC holders. Then I can be reasonably sure that I know what I have, I can see them all in those cool black-background frames, and then we'll see how I feel about it after that.

Thanks for your posts. I enjoy them, along with Ted Z, very much, as they help keep me interested in the quest from time to time.

Oh, and before I forget, since you said you would give a burglar some 80s and 90s stuff, I am available to accept free deliveries by appt and without the threat of personal harm, as long as the names on the front read Ozzie Smith, Rickey Henderson, Kirby Puckett, Ron Cey, or Walter Payton!!!

-Jason L