View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Missing the induction this year in Cooperstown however attending the National, Browns Training Camp. I have been to Cooperstown 2 out of the last 3 years with my son and it was an awesome experience. If you have never attended a HOF Induction it absolutely should be a "bucket list" item. A few points:
- The weather is usually hot & humid. Bring suntan lotion, water, hat, etc. Last year was terrific weather, much cooler and less humidity. We kept a cooler in the car with plenty of cold drinks. Bring a backpack.
- If you are staying outside of Cooperstown, get into Cooperstown early - have breakfast at the Cooperstown Diner.
- You can park for free on a side street - usually pays for breakfast and then some..
- If you can purchase a HOF Membership. My wife purchased a HOF Presidents Circle Membership that gives you some extra goodies + early entry privileges - well worth the $$$.
- If you can try to get to the Hall on Friday - the weekend is packed.
- Don't forget to get your items postmarked at the post office directly across from the HOF.
- Spend sometime at the VFW card show, have lunch at Lake Front Park, attend the Ford Frick ceremony, HOF Round-table on Monday, etc.
Overall enjoy your time there, enjoy the shops, the people, etc. I had some great discussions with David Van Horne, Denny McLain, etc.