View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Default Big problems in the hobby

Posted By: John

“Btw…I’m glad you posted those pages. I decided to write them when I got fed up with your endless attacks, questioning my integrity and asking for less cryptic information. Well, there is nothing cryptic on them, it’s a step by step written just for you and because of you!”

Those pages were written just for me? Funny I don’t remember asking how to doctor a flip ever in my life?

“The problem with many of the collectors here (especially you John) is that they think the worst of any shared information on the topic of alterations. It's no wonder why so many lurkers don't post and is a reason why I post less often. It’s a common practice for you to push around the messenger and anything less than a public flogging from you (and a few others) would be a great disappointment.”

No the problem Kevin is any questions directed towards you in any general manner of questioning what your whole point is, is met with resentence and an overall poor pitiful me routine. Funny how a person who can make such outlandish claims and obscure hearsay references gets so offend by any questions directed towards himself or considers those simple questions a public flogging.

Grow up Kevin, if you’re going to be the voice of progress on this soapbox of alteration you have built for yourself, and if you going to continue to point fingers at other established companies and individuals and there faults according to you. Then you had better expect at sometime folks may ask about your credentials in this matter, and what your motives are.

If you can’t handle this without getting your feelings hurt then take your ball and go home, you always say you are but you always come back with more doom and gloom and vary little substance.

“I talked to Joe a couple months ago and volunteered to take a day or two off work to help train their senior graders, at no cost. Seems PSA can care less and it feel SGC is not far behind.”

Hmm I don’t see PSA or SGC on here blasting you Kevin for your shortcomings but that didn’t stop you for insinuating that these companies are behind the security curve once again according to you….funny who are you again?

P.S. Aren't you the same guy who posted a thread on the other board asking that post to stay over there (good thing for you IMO), that you had a theory about a the PSA 7 Harris Plank being changed over to an SGC holder. Funny thing is the Harris Plank was a 150 series card that was part of the Copeland collection at one point and the SGC card was a 350 series card. I found it odd that such an expert on cards and alterations would make such an amateur mistake, seeing as the 350 series cards for the most part are so different looking from their 150 series counterparts; also the obvious two different looking blues & the SGC Cert saying 1910. You did admit you made a big mistake which is ok, but not so great when you claim to be an expert on alterations, and offering services to grading companies.

But hey it didn’t stop you from jumping to the conclusion and or firing up any more rumors/hearsay. In fact I seem to remember you doing the same to a fellow collector’s card on here saying it was fake with little or no proof. I'm sure that collector felt a little flogged himself.

I’ll let the collector chime in for himself with his thoughts.