View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Picked up this huge 36" x 22" photo today at the Alameda Point Antiques Fair of the 1910 Johnson Jefferies fight...I don't think I've ever seen this large version before...Seller said it was in a bar in Alameda...has holes in side of frame where it would have been bolted down...original oak frame with wavy glass...little rough but not too bad...probably the 2nd best thing I ever pulled out of ALameda
That Johnson picture is a great find. I just completed a book named The Killings of Stanley Ketchel which addresses that fight and offers a very entertaining depiction of Jack Johnson. It’s a great read and I highly recommend it.

These display pieces were purchased last month but arrived in the past few days. The Ryan is a 24X32 and was intended to be attached to the back of the 1984 All Star game ballot box. I had one in the past and traded it. I always regreted it. I'm very pleased to get it back. The 1954 Spic and Span piece is a dry cleaning clothing paper bag cover it measures 30X24. The Mullin piece measures 30X24 and is signed by Mullin. A few months back another board member posted one which was signed by the Reds and Mullin. I thought it was very cool and had to have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984 Ryan Display.jpg (76.6 KB, 897 views)
File Type: jpg 1954 Spic and Span.jpg (74.3 KB, 894 views)
File Type: jpg 974_mullins.jpg (78.5 KB, 906 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 09-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.