View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 09:44 AM
pete ullman

damn straight Quan!!!

to me...as a vintage collector for 35 years or so...I don't like how pricing in the hobby...as well as knowledge...seems to have become something that can be looked up and a fairly decisive conclusion made quickly and easily.

i certainly realize that the grading companies...and the registries...and the VCP's of the world...the ebay's...the message boards...have all contributed to this framework.

i suppose it's just the evolution of a given area of knowledge/collecting when technology is thrown into the mix?

most of us seem to agree...that we pay what we are willing to pay for an item. A lot of the time I don't look up past pricing for a card...because if I want it...and am willing to pay the asking price...I will buy it...and be happy!

I'm apparently a barely middle aged dinosaur! P-rex...sorry ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
price-shaming, it's what we do here petey! point finger and laugh at your lack of salesmanship for not 5x the asking price of what you want it to sell for then incrementally bumping it down 2.5% every day...

i do remember that one post where your card sold within 30sec and the board had a mini-meltdown about it