View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:46 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Are the 1910 COUPON (T213-1) cards really T206's ? ....I think so. ....What say you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It's a good point about the "Super Prints" not necessarily being a separate group in 1910. That's certainly possible. Are there any theories as to how the Super Prints were printed? Seems possible/likely to me that those 6 poses were on their own sheet. That would make it easy for them to be printed with the large number of backs they appear with.
My theory is that this simulated sheet which I constructed* is representative of one of the early 350 Series print runs comprising of 48 subjects (circa early Spring 1910).
And interestingly, this configuration coincides with the 48 - the Major League subjects in the 1910 COUPON set.

Subsequently, ALC selected the 6 subjects that we refer to as the "Super Prints"**. When ALC included these 6 guys in the 350/460 Series, they Double-Printed them on
sheets of T206's. This is evident on numerous surveys of T206 cards.

Early 350 Series configuration (circa early Spring 1910)

Note * Placement of cards on this configuration are randomly arranged.

Note ** Scot Reader's excellent research revealed that these 6 subjects were printed in larger quantities, and with more Tobacco brands than any of the other subjects in
the T206 set. In his book titled "Inside T206", Scot identifies these 6 guys as the " Super-Prints ".

TED Z

T206 Reference