Thread: A First for me
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default A First for me

Posted By: David Vargha

I too, was at first concerned about sending something as precious to me as my valuable baseball cards through the mail, even if it were Registered and insured. So I did a little experiment first with something almost as dear to me to help put my mind at ease.

Four years ago, I told my son (then eight years old) that he was going to be going on a trip to his grandmother's house by himself. While he slept that night, I bound and gagged him and gave him a small dose of a horse tranquilizer that was readily available at the time. I carefully packaged him up using packing peanuts and bubble wrap and sent him via USPS Registered Mail the next morning to his grandmother in Cathedral City, some two and a half hours away. I figured if he could make the trip safely, then my cards would probably make the 90-mile trek to PSA in Orange County all right.

Well, the bottom line is that he arrived just fine at his grandmother's house two days later with out any bruising and having been unconscious for all but the last hour or two of the ordeal. The bottom line is that he had a great time at his grandmother's house and I had the assurance that I could send my cards without any worries. By the way -- the tracking thing doesn't work so well as my mom had already signed for him, unwrapped him and spent four days with him and the online tracking still showed it at the Post Office of origin in Simi Valley.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com