View Single Post
Old 11-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Hi Don,
Congrats on winning this nice looking Sisler card in LOTG. However, the bottom border leads me to very strongly suspect that SGC erred in identifying this as a W575-1 card. Rather, I suspect it is a W501 Type 2 card, which I don't think has yet been recognized by the TPGs. I believe Rhett Y. is the resident expert re these W501 cards - perhaps he will chime in.

As many are aware, I'm an avid collector of Sam Rice cards, and I have examples of his W575-1, W501 Type 1, and W501 Type 2 cards. I have a duplicate of Rice's W501 Type 2 card, and it is currently listed on eBay. In my eBay listing I have info regarding the differences in these cards, which may interest you: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354418082729
Val, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. It is always a treat to read what you have to share.

I have dug into the material more and I believe you are right. I would not have known this if you had not pointed it out, so thank you.

I am still happy with the purchase. It is a great image of Sisler.

I am not sure how to feel with this new knowledge. SGC/PSA not knowing how to label this variation/type is not really surprising to be honest.