View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Default Opinion on cut signatures for sale.

Posted By: boxingcardman

I've had items collected myself rejected by these services and I've had items I had great doubts about authenticated, so objectively, of course all you are buying is an opinion that might not be right. That isn't the point. A cert from PSA/DNA or JSA takes an item that might be real and gives it a guarantee that many buyers in the market for these items will accept without question. If you have the item authenticated and encapsulated you can be sure in the foreseeable future that there is a large, well defined audience of people who will buy it from you. Richard (Hi Richard) may be the most knowledgeable guy out there but if you are looking to make the item into a no-questions-asked commodity then you have to go with one of the big commercial enterprises like PSA/DNA. If it was me, I would make the deal contingent on the Ruth passing PSA/DNA and being encapsulated in one of their holders.

Of course my own view is that cut sigs just aren't fun to have. I would hold out and save my shekels for a check.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc